CRP maintains an equipment lending library of items for regionally eligible students and available for trial, short term, and long-term loan by educators and therapists that work for the districts served by CRP. Items include:
- Motor Equipment (sit-to-stand standers, supine standers, prone standers, adaptive tricycles, gait trainers, adaptive chairs and seating)
- Adapted toys, switches (general switches, hands-free, pressure sensitive, sip, puff, speciality and voice activated)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (step-by-step with levels, GoTalk, Dynavox devices, Tobii with eye gaze tracking)
Planning a visit to CRP to pickup equipment?
Equipment Room hours are from 8:00am to 4:00pm (closed from 12-to-1 daily)
Before visiting, please check our Equipment Room Calendar to ensure that the equipment manager is present. Periodically, the equipment room must be closed to to illness, meetings, or other events.
If you have any questions regarding equipment checkout, or would like to schedule an appointment please either email Tammy Penkert or call 503.916.5570 ext. 78355
Do you questions regarding a student with an orthopedic impairment or need help selection and fitting equipment? Email our physical therapist Sue Harrington or cal 503.916.5570 ext. 78340.
CRP Equipment Loan and Use Policy Summary
- All students must have a regional eligibility and enrolled in the regional program
- The resident school district is responsible for completing the necessary referral and eligibility documentation
- All equipment is checked out for a designated loan period and must be returned in clean working order at the end of the loan period
- All equipment will be inventoried and accounted for at the end of the school year, it is the responsibility of the district staff to inventory, return and/or account for all CRP equipment checked out in their name
- Columbia Regional Equipment is not available during the summer unless the student is receiving Extended School Year, EI/ECSE Services, or by request from Director of Special Education of the district. When equipment is used over the summer, the responsible party must contact and make arrangements with CRP
- The school district shares in the responsibility for maintenance, care and replacement of the equipment, Special Education Directors will be notified when repair or replacement is needed
- Only designated district staff have the authority to check out and receive equipment and they become the responsible party. Designated staff includes: Occupational and Physical Therapists, and Speech/Language Pathologists and Assistive Technology/Augmentative Communication Specialists. A District Special Education Director can request other identified staff as the responsible party by contacting the Program Administrator for Orthopedic Services
- Please be respectful of timelines and returning equipment when not in use by students. When equipment is not returned, it is unavailable to meet the needs across our region and students and teams needs go unmet.
For a complete description of our policies, our CRP Equipment Loan and Use Policies are available for download.