Parent and Caregiver Training at CRP
Training Series for Parents of Children with Autism and Related Needs - 2019-2020
Hosted by Columbia Regional Program
About this Series
One Saturday a month (October-June), parents and caregivers gather to learn about how to use positive behavior strategies, promote social and communication skill development, and increase independence for their children with autism and related needs. These meetings also provide parents and family members with an opportunity to support and learn from one another. Coffee and refreshments provided.
Dates and Topics for 2019-2020
- October 19, 2019 - Visual Supports at Home: Following Directions and Routines
- November 16, 2019 - Supporting your Child's Communication
- December 14, 2019 - Understanding your Child's Behavior: ABCs & How to Respond
- January 11, 2020 - Positive Behavior Strategies: Increasing Prosocial Behaviors
- February 8, 2020 - Toilet Training 101: Tips & Tricks
- March 14, 2020 - Building your Child's Independence with Self-Help Skills
- April 11, 2020 - Puberty, Adolescence, and ASD
- May 9, 2020 - Increasing your Child's Social Interaction, Play and Leisure Skills
- June 6, 2020 - Community Opportunities and Success "Out and About"
Who can attend?
Parents and caregivers of children with autism and related needs attending pre-k or elementary school in Multnomah, Clackamas, Hood River, and Wasco counties are welcome to attend. Registration is required.
Is childcare available?
Childcare is available for a limited number of children (ages 3 to 12) on a “first come first serve” basis. Requests for childcare must be indicated during the registration process.
How do I register?
Registration opens approximately 30 days prior to each event. Register online at crporegon.org – create your free account on the website, locate the event on our calendar and click “register”. For help with registration, email Darthea Park at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.916.5570, ext. 78377
Where are the meetings?
Columbia Regional Program
833 NE 74th Ave.
Portland, OR 97213
Questions? Email Darthea Park at email@example.com
Return to Resource for Families