Parent and Caregiver Training at CRP
Training Series for Parents of Children with Autism and Related Needs - 2018-2019
Hosted by Columbia Regional Program in Partnership with Multnomah Early Childhood Program (MECP)
About this Series
On the first Saturday of each month (October-June), parents and caregivers gather to learn about how to use positive behavior strategies, promote social and communication skill development, and increase independence for their children with autism and related needs. These meetings also provide parents and family members with an opportunity to support and learn from one another. Coffee and refreshments provided.
Dates and Topics for 2018-2019
- October 6, 2018 - Visual Supports at Home: Following Directions and Routines - CANCELED
- November 3, 2018 - Visual Supports at Home: Following Directions and Routines
- December 1, 2018 - Supporting your Child's Communication
- January 5, 2019 - Understanding your Child's Behavior: ABCs & How to Respond
- February 2, 2019 - Positive Behavior Strategies: Increasing Prosocial Behaviors
- March 2, 2019 - Community Opportunities and Success "Out and About"
- April 6, 2019 - Building your Child’s Independence with Self-Help Skills
- May 4, 2019 - Puberty, Adolescence, and ASD
- June 1, 2019 - Increasing your Child’s Social Interaction, Play and Leisure Skills
Who can attend?
Parents and caregivers of children with autism and related needs attending pre-k or elementary school in Multnomah, Clackamas, Hood River, and Wasco counties are welcome to attend. Registration is required.
Is childcare available?
You may request childcare (ages 2-to-12 only) while completing registration. We will send you a confirmation email if we can accommodate your request. Our childcare provider must strictly enforce caps on the number of children, so please be certain you received a confirmation before bringing your child.
How do I register?
Registration opens approximately 30 days prior to each event. Register online at crporegon.org – create your free account on the website, locate the event on our calendar and click “register”. For help with registration, email Darthea Park at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.916.5570, ext.78377
Where are the meetings?
Columbia Regional Program
833 NE 74th Ave.
Portland, OR 97213
Questions? Email Darthea Park at email@example.com
Return to Resource for Families