LOANING EQUIPMENT FROM CRP
CRP maintains an equipment lending library for regionally eligible students that we loan to therapists and educators in the districts served by CRP. We provide:
- Motor Equipment (sit-to-stand standers, supine standers, prone standers, adaptive tricycles, gait trainers, adaptive chairs and seating)
- Adapted toys, switches (general switches, hands-free, pressure sensitive, sip, puff, speciality and voice activated)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (step-by-step with levels, GoTalk, PRC devices, Tobii Dynavox eye gaze)
CRP Student Equipment Training Module: This module must be completed annually prior to check-out of OI/AT equipment.
Remember that when you check out equipment, you assume responsibility for the safe use and care of the items. Items remain your responsibility and checked out in your name until you have returned them or until you have arranged for another therapist take over responsibility and this has been communicated to CRP.
Planning a visit to CRP to pickup equipment?
Check our Equipment Room Hours and any closure alerts before visiting. If you have any questions regarding equipment checkout, or would like to schedule an appointment please either email Tammy Penkert or call 503.916.5570 ext. 78355
Equipment Policies Summary
- A student must be enrolled at Columbia Regional Program to access equipment
- Equipment is provided for educational access purposes where IEP/IFSP services are delivered
- All equipment is checked out for a designated loan period and must be returned in clean, working order at the end of the loan period
- All AT and AAC items must be returned to CRP at the end of the school-year. Motor items must be returned if the student is transitioning to a new school or district, is aging out of services, or is no longer using the item
- If you have equipment checked out and know that you are leaving a district/LEA or changing caseloads, it is critically important to return everything you have checked out to CRP. You can also work with OI/AT staff to transfer items to a new responsible party and/or students. Please do not abandon equipment checked out in your name
- Only designated district staff have the authority to check out and receive equipment and they become the responsible party. Designated staff includes: Occupational and Physical Therapists, and Speech/Language Pathologists and Assistive Technology/Augmentative Communication Specialists. A District Special Education Director can request other identified staff as the responsible party by contacting the Program Administrator for Orthopedic Services
- Please be respectful of timelines and returning equipment when not in use by students. When equipment is not returned, it is unavailable to meet the needs across our region and students and teams needs go unmet
- Responsible parties who do not complete the end-of-year equipment returns and/or inventory process as requested by CRP will not be permitted to check out additional items until the previously checked out items have been returned or accounted for (inventoried)
For a complete description of our policies, our CRP Equipment Loan and Use Policies are available for download.
Have additional questions? View our Equipment Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) page.