AT and AAC Services
Our Assistive Technology (AT) team collaborates with district and early intervention/early childhood special education (EI/ECSE) teams to ensure students with low incidence disabilities have access their school environment, curriculum, routines, and activities throughout the day. AT services include:
- Collaboration to assess technology needs
- Identification of AT equipment and materials for trial
- Professional development on the use of low-to-high tech AT
- Development of AT systems
- Access to the equipment loan bank
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) services are available to students with low incidence disabilities who have complex communication needs. These services include:
- Assistance in the assessment of communication abilities and needs
- Identification of communication equipment and materials for trial
- Development of AAC systems so that students are better able to communicate and interact socially across a variety of communication settings
- Professional development for district staff regarding the use of AAC tools, partner training, aided language stimulation, and best practice.
CRP Student Equipment Training Module must be completed to check out equipment from Columbia Regional Program.
AT Professional Learning Community - 2018-2019 Meeting Dates
For questions regarding our AT PLC, please contact Ruth Mckee.
Looking for information on our Orthopedic Impairment (OI) program? Please visit the OI services page.